College Advising Specialists sought for contract based work with students from the US and abroad for the 2019-2020 school year. All sessions are delivered remotely through web-conferencing.
Position: College Admissions Planning Specialist
Reports to: Director
As a consultant, you will work directly with high school students and their parents to assist them through all aspects of the college application process.
General Advising includes the following:
- Review of each student’s extracurricular activities and grades
- Schedule and delivery of the initial consultation with parents
- Course selection guidance
- Developing a targeted school list
- Student resume development
- Essay brainstorming and editing on the UniversityCoach website
- Thought leadership: advisors should be prepared to deliver webinars and contribute content about the admissions process for our website and materials.
Positions are flexible in terms of the number of clients and hours and all work is remote. You’re free to work from home and most meeting times are scheduled between you and the client.
- Prior experience as a College Admissions Officer for a highly selective institution, and/or significant prior experience advising college applicants.
- BA/BS from an accredited institution, Master’s preferred.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in Higher Education or Admissions preferred.
- Strong work ethic
- Able to provide coaching and feedback in a timely and engaging manner, maintaining an optimistic demeanor, and making your clients feel supported throughout the admissions process
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively in a team-focused environment to meet the needs of the prospective students.
- Requires the ability to work a flexible schedule, weekends, evenings to accommodate student needs.
- Comfort with MS Word and/or Google docs (for editing content)
- Exemplary verbal and written communication skills.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of college admissions trends, industry standards and developments.
Submit resume/CV and summary of background to: email@example.com