POSITION Professional Tutor FULL-TIME/PART-TIME
Our client is a known industry leader and strong proponent of of one-on-one instruction and personalized lesson plans.
Faculty members work from home during set office hours that range from 35 to 40 hours of availability per week, depending on the season, with a goal of averaging at least 30 hours of instruction per week annually. Office hours are available from 12-9pm PST Monday through Friday, and 7am-8pm PST Saturday and Sunday. Faculty members report to an Instruction Manager and work as a member of an Instructional Team.
- Deliver exceptional one-on-one instruction to students grades 6-12 in a variety of academic subjects and college admissions tests
- Create individualized lesson plans for your students using Revolution’s curricula and other outside resources
- Manage the schedules and goals of several students simultaneously
- Submit comprehensive session and student goal updates to parents each week
- Attend weekly online professional development sessions to collaborate and share best practices with other faculty members
- Commit to the constant pursuit of improvement through professional development, self and peer auditing, and feedback from semi-annual reviews
- Contribute to initiatives of the instruction team including development of new curriculum
- Represent Revolution Prep with the highest level of professionalism at all times
- Previous teaching experience and familiarity with the creation of lesson plans
- Applicants with expertise in higher level math (alg II, trig, pre-calculus, calculus AB/BC, stats), science (physics, chemistry, and biology up to AP level) and languages (Spanish and/or French) strongly preferred – Note that all tutors are asked to be able to teach SAT/ACT test preparation as a foundation (training provided) and can thereafter declare additional subjects in which they specialize
- Ability to teach consecutive online tutoring sessions
- Ability to work during peak tutoring hours during the week
- Ability to work on the weekends
- High-speed internet and webcam, as well as a clean, quiet, professional setting for online sessions
- Ability to teach foreign languages is a plus
- Bachelor’s degree from a top school required, higher education preferred
- Ability to commit to at least one year of full-time employment
Please send resume/CV and short statement of interest to email@example.com
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.