Job Title: Director of Tutoring
Location: Orange County
Compensation: Salary (commensurate), 3 weeks paid time off.
Reports to: Director
We are looking for an inspirational, caring and engaged individual to be our Director of Tutoring. The Director of Tutoring is the first person to greet students and parents when they walk
in the door, and as such, is the face of our company. This position will be responsible
for managing our team of tutors, knowing the students inside and out, managing every
tutoring session, interacting with parents, scheduling students, educating students and
parents on our services, maintaining contact with them, maintaining accurate files,
reporting and record keeping.
We are open Sundays 12-6pm and Mondays-Thursdays
from 12-8pm. This person must be available to work those hours.
1. Manage up to 15 tutors, help maximize their effectiveness with their students.
2. Learn the database and accurately schedule students in all three services (Tutoring,
College Counseling, SAT and ACT Prep), high volume, up to 1000 students per month.
3. Know the services we offer and be able to educate and speak
about the services to customers. Learn the cost breakdown, billing procedures, how the
program works and the content of the sessions in each program. Memorize information
and speak to parents on each service
4. Maintaining regular contact with parents about the progress of their students; learns
names and details of students.
5. Answering the phone and returning phone calls promptly
6.Learn our organizational system and organize all data/files/paperwork
7.Create reports as required; meets regularly with Director of Center to review status
1. Be able to sell each service effectively in person or by phone and give each parent a
‘call to action’ in order to get started with our services
2. Pro-actively resolve problems and issues that may arise.
3. Cooperate with others on staff to do whatever needs to be done.
4. Communicates clearly with students, customers and staff
Minimum Job Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience; Master’s preferred
- Minimum 2 years work experience in a management role
- Minimum 2 years working in an education setting, tutoring center preferred
- Sales experience a big plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Organizational skills/time management
- Basic computer skills and ability to learn new programs
- Customer service focused; relationship building skills
- Independent problem solving
- Major interaction with customers, students and tutoring staff
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org