- ABA approves LSAT optional threshold for law schools
- New MCAT update
- Recap of SAT, PSAT, ACT updates
Elsewhere, the New MCAT is set for April 17th. Here is a quick infographic from The Stanford Daily on the changes.
You can see a detailed look at the MCAT question types by section here. The big takeaway for tutoring folks? Be sure to enlist the services of science subject specialists. There will be a trailing increase in tutoring demand for at least the next 12 months as AAMC normalizes the curve.
SAT, PSAT, ACT
And, earlier this month, the College Board announced some new information about the Redesigned SAT (rSAT)as well as theRedesigned PSAT. (rPSAT). With thanks to the folks at Compass Education Group, this is what we understand to be the latest:
1. Rather than four practice tests, the CB will be developing eight practice tests; four of those tests will be developed by Khan Academy with close oversight by the CB.
2. The first (and currently the only) Mock PSAT practice test will be released this month (March 2015).
3. The first four rSAT Practice Tests will be released sometime in May, 2015. We have read that the tests will be released in hard copy form through a New Official SAT Study Guide AND virtually through Khan Academy.
The full article by Adam Ingersol at Compass Education Group is available here.