Author Archives: Kevin Organisciak - Page 3

SAT, ACT & High School News

ACT May Be Used to ‘Confirm’ National Merit Status

By Scott Jaschik (Inside Higher Ed.).  The National Merit Scholarship Corporation is changing the rules on the final step of winning a National Merit Scholarship. Applicants are still selected as semifinalists based on PSAT scores. In the past, semifinalists had to submit SAT scores to "confirm" their eligibility. Going forward, they may submit ACT scores instead. A spokeswoman said that this change reflects the way…
Continue Reading

More Colleges Allow Applicants to Self-Report SAT and ACT Scores

(Associated Press).  Yale and Quinnipiac universities in Connecticut have joined a growing list of schools that have begun allowing applicants to self-report SAT and ACT test scores, rather than requiring them to submit official results from the organizations that administer the entrance exams. The change will speed up the application process and allow students to apply to multiple schools without worrying about having to pay…
Continue Reading

Ministry of Education in Egypt Approves the ACT International Exam

CAIRO, EGYPT-The Ministry of Education in Egypt has given its official approval and recognition of the ACT test as an acceptable academic measure to be administered and used in the country, as equivalency to the Egyptian National Exam, and for the ACT Aspire standardized tests for monitoring student performance and achievement grades 3-9. This announcement will open more doors for students in Egypt seeking admission…
Continue Reading

More than 650 colleges and universities will offer the new CommonApp for transfer application season

ARLINGTON, Va., Aug. 14, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- According to the National Center for Education Statistics, only 15 percent of college students in the United States attend a 4-year institution and live on campus. The remaining 85 percent of students are a diverse group of adult learners, full-time employees, low-income students, students who commute to school, and working parents. These "post-traditional" students often face challenges during the…
Continue Reading

Five Things You Need to Know About the Harvard Admissions Lawsuit

By Delano R. Franklin and Samuel W. Zwickel (Harvard Crimson).   As eager freshmen meander about Harvard Yard and President Lawrence S. Bacow settles into his new office, Harvard — and its lawyers — are getting ready to head to federal court. The University is battling a four-year-old lawsuit brought by anti-affirmative action group Students for Fair Admissions that alleges the College discriminates against Asian-Americans…
Continue Reading
Skip to toolbar