Our fundamental belief at Freudigman & Billings is that children learn best in the context of supportive relationships. We are committed to helping students better understand how they learn and how they can take ownership of that learning. Our team provides educational solutions for adolescents and children through individual assessment, personally tailored learning programs, and one-on-one coaching.
Freudigman & Billings uses a unique approach to standardized test preparation that focuses on critical thinking, applied reasoning, and problem solving strategies. We help students understand fundamental principles about how the world of information is organized and how they can interact with that information. This process does not involve the rote memorization of vocabulary or inundation of practice questions that many associate with “test prep.” Instead, we focus on teaching students effective strategies for gathering, sequencing, categorizing, and classifying information from text and visual sources. These processes contribute to a student’s ability to reason, solve problems, make inferences, and draw conclusions.
The Assistant Director of Standardized Test Prep plays a critical role managing the Test Prep program and is dedicated to providing administrative and functional support to the Director of Test Prep. The work is as rewarding as it is challenging as we help students navigate one of the most important steps forward in their education. The ideal candidate not only has a background in coaching for standardized exams and content areas related to standardized testing, but also possesses an inherent curiosity about the process of developing individualized educational plans and a desire to gain mastery of the minute details necessary to implement and monitor the programs across time. Impeccable organizational skills, the ability to think critically, and appropriate professional judgment are necessary qualities to excel in this position.
Please send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com for consideration.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Report to the Director of Test Prep, who reports to the Director of Educational Services
- Coordinate logistics related to the Test Prep process, such as speaking to potential clients about our program, assisting with client onboarding, and maintaining communication with families regarding student plans and progress
- Collaborate with the Director of Test Prep in order to generate and execute specific plans for each student
- Assist in tutor oversight, including running client-specific case review meetings with Junior and Senior staff
- Interact with other departments in the organization, such as the Subject Tutoring Department and the Educational Therapy Department, to ensure coordinated service provision
- Convey plans for student/tutor pairings and appointments to scheduling staff
- Assist the Director with the development of Test Prep curriculum and other special projects
- Attend Test Prep related conferences and networking events
- Maintain confidentiality and security of client information
- Tutor 10-15 hours per week
- Several years experience tutoring the ACT and/or SAT
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Attention to detail and precise reporting abilities
- Knowledge of excel and spreadsheets (data entry)
- Self-motivated and driven to help students succeed
- Aptitude for building relationships with students and colleagues
- Ability to thrive and be confident in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to pass a background check
- Reliable transportation
- Weekday availability between 11:00am and 7:30pm
- Customer service experience
- Prior tutoring experience
- Undergraduate degree from a top college or university preferred
- All work is performed in the office in Westport, CT
- Reports to the Director of Test Prep
- Based on experience