June 2017 Marketing Brief & TPAPT Community Update
I hope everyone is well. Below is our June is About Strategic Planning Guide. Here are some TPAPT updates as well:
• We’ve added a ‘Find-a-Student’ search function adjacent to the image slider on the home-page. It is a search tool called “Search Tutoring Requests.” Independent Tutors who cherry-pick job boards should find this useful.
• Members can now create a social profile, friend others, promote a brand etc. If you haven’t gone in to add a bio and perhaps your company logo, it is well worth the time.
Strategic Planning for Tutors & IECs – June 2017
We expect June to favor SAT/ACT boot-camps as well as intensive-course offerings (for August).
Parents should be finishing up their summer planning and academic enrichment is often included. Tutors may want to add week-long Summer Academic Programs. These are low-risk, high yield class based options which can be inexpensively promoted. Common themes include: Reading Comprehension/Speed Reading, STEM, Essay Creation, and of course test prep.
For College Admissions Specialists, having week long camps for essay & personal statement development should be a winner.
Regardless of one’s business orientation, June, also involves “setting the table” for Fall (and we include August to cover the new SAT date). For these reasons, we suggest adding or amending the product mix to include:
• SAT / ACT – Super Intensive for Fall Tests (long programs of 32 – 50 hours)
• SAT / ACT – Regular Length for Fall Tests (average length programs of 18 – 24 hours)
• SAT /ACT Math or Reading & Writing Only (don’t go overboard with these)
• SAT / ACT Hybrid Offerings ( Combined SAT/ACT prep based on the relative similarities between the New SAT and the ACT). The strategies between the two tests intersect in several areas. Although hybrid-classes require an exceptional instructor, they should become more prominent in the next year. But, if you need to build a class, build in some development time before announcing it as an offering.
• June Weekend-Only SAT Bootcamps
• Summer Personal Statement, Essay, and Rising Senior College Counseling Programs.
Beyond the Product Positioning mentioned above, one should take note that Industry Heavy Hitters will focus heavily on lead generation through free offers. For example, Kaplan is offering Free SAT, ACT, and AP Days of tutoring. Regional firms are likely to follow the example and there are few barriers for localized firms to do the same. These free remote tutoring events should begin to disrupt the traditional Free Practice Test Events we’ve come to know.
Speaking of Free Events, we recommend these:
• Free ACT or SAT Practice Testing (schedule multiple dates and promote) – June
• SAT or ACT Scores Back Seminar (From your June Practice Test) – Early July for SAT, ACT Scores Back
• SAT vs. ACT – Which Test is Best?
• Personal Statement Development Workshopshttp://testprepprofessionals.com/june-2017-strategic-brief-tpapt-community-update/http://testprepprofessionals.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/strateegy-maze.jpghttp://testprepprofessionals.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/strateegy-maze-150x150.jpgThe Tutor's CornerI hope everyone is well. Below is our June is About Strategic Planning Guide. Here are some TPAPT updates as well: • We've added a 'Find-a-Student' search function adjacent to the image slider on the home-page. It is a search tool called 'Search Tutoring Requests.' Independent Tutors who cherry-pick job boards should find this useful. •...Kevin OrganisciakKevin Organisciakinfo@testprepprofessionals.comAdministratorTest Prep & Tutoring Professionals (TPP) began as a PR clipping service through Linkedin. TPP quickly gained momentum and became a niche consulting service to small and medium sized tutoring, test prep, and admissions consulting firms. We've been around for just over 6 years. Our founder, Kevin Organisciak, spent ten years as a senior executive with Kaplan Test Prep. He earned distinctions and awards, culminating with his induction to the Kaplan Fellows, President's Circle, and Kaplan Leadership Development Program. During his tenure, Kevin worked on over 120 marketing campaigns, drafted 150 budgets, oversaw a Six Sigma operating environment, and trained and developed over fifteen now VPs and Senior Directors. That last piece is what led Kevin to coaching and consulting.Test Prep and Tutoring Professionals